“Now Let’s Go In,” XV feat. Freddy High (prod. The Awesome Sound) (Internet, 2012)
There’s a pretty good chance this is a futile attempt to counter UK’s swag (having Jay and Drake in your corner, and occasionally your locker room, works, unless you are Sebastian Telfair), and it gets off-topic, but this is probably the best sports-related rap track we’re gonna hear this year. Vizzy rips like he’s prone to do, but the enormous, thunderous beat has bass supporting a demented carousel of synths, and maybe clipped bits of the “Hip Hop” bass line, and The Awesome Sound chops up and hides the haunting “Rock, Chalk, KAY-YOUUUUU!” far enough in the background that when it gets a chance to breathe, it’s scary.
And imagine being the KU player who likes XV and has an MP3-capable phone in the locker room right now? I’d blare this and get really, really, really amped.
ATTN DAN: SPORTS RAP
eagerly awaiting whatever mac miller comes up with for the 2012 college basketball invitational-winning pitt panthers
- andrewtsks likes this
- connorthelawner reblogged this from undergroundslaps
- undergroundslaps reblogged this from andyhutchins and added:
- connorthelawner likes this
- alexwhines likes this
- dayan reblogged this from nickminichino and added:
- nickminichino reblogged this from andyhutchins and added:
- abbyjean said: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
- andyhutchins posted this