Another Twitter user, who writes from the account @warpedelf, said local and state officials “Failed to be prepared” and that the transportation department’s workers “need a public spanking.” — Reed: “I’m not going to get into the blame game.” | www.ajc.com
THE_MAD_BOMBER at 8:54 AM January 23, 2014
"drag racing incident"
- THEY WERE NOT DRAG RACING!!!!! THEY WERE STREET RACING!!!! DRAG RACING IS DONE ON A DRAG STRIP, OFF OF PUBLIC ROADS!!!! IT’S A SPORT!!! STREET RACING, ON THE OTHER HAND, IS A SERIOUS & VERY DANGEROUS TRAFFIC VIOLATION!!!! IT’S A MISDEMEANOR HERE IN NEW YORK STATE, A CRIME, AND I’M SURE THAT ALL OTHER STATES TREAT IT AS SUCH!!!! BUT THE STUPID NEWS MEDIA INSISTS ON CALLING “STREET RACING” “DRAG RACING”!!!!! THAT MEANS THAT THE IDIOTIC PRESS CANNOT OR WILL NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SPORT & A CRIMINAL OFFENSE!!!!!!
- THE_MAD_BOMBER, UPSTATE NEW YORK — Justin Bieber arrest: ‘What the …. did I do. Why did you stop me’
Two variations of Alberta clippers are Manitoba mauler or Saskatchewan screamer. — Alberta clipper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
this is what i like to call a “hard fav”
Oh sears you dont seem to understand jokes.
By the way, the polar vortex is a constant thing, it’s a center of circulating cold air over/near the North Pole (there’s one over the South Pole too). It in itself is not a weather event. This has been a cold front and an unstable jet stream (probably related to melting sea ice, and definitely related to unseasonably warm temperatures elsewhere in the Northern Hemisphere).
Sometimes (like just now when I Googled “coldest games in NFL history”) you just know your search results are going to be incredible before you even finish typing.
Though I didn’t vote in Pazz and Jop, ballots are going around lately, which reminds me that I never got to my top 10 of 2013.
1. Paramore, Paramore
2. Bottomless Pit, Shade Perennial
3. Carcass, Surgical Steel
4. Tegan and Sara, Heartthrob
5. So So Glos, Blowout
6. Baptist Generals, Jackleg Devotional to the Heart
7. Weed, Deserve
8. Drake, Nothing was the Same
9. Kvelertak, Meir
10. Waxahatchee, Cerulean Salt
1. Bunji Garlin, “Differentology”
2. 2 Chainz ft. Pharrell, “Feds Watching”
3. Margaret Berger, “I Feed You My Love”
4. Paramore, “Still Into You”
5. Radkey, “Cat & Mouse”
6. Selena Gomez, "Come & Get It" (Go-go Remix)
7. Mariah Carey ft. Miguel, “#Beautiful”
8. Ciara, “Body Party”
9. Daft Punk, “Giorgio by Moroder”
10. Dismemberment Plan, “White Collar White Trash”
Personally, I like to think that this is all a very subtle attempt at clowning people who’d knowingly move into one of those sub-Meridian condo/dorm things they saw in the Metro “Ready to Rent” guide in the first place.
(via New Columbia Heights: “Metro Rider’s Guide” in the Express is the worst map of all time) (h/t Vicky)