THE_MAD_BOMBER at 8:54 AM January 23, 2014
"drag racing incident"
- THEY WERE NOT DRAG RACING!!!!! THEY WERE STREET RACING!!!! DRAG RACING IS DONE ON A DRAG STRIP, OFF OF PUBLIC ROADS!!!! IT’S A SPORT!!! STREET RACING, ON THE OTHER HAND, IS A SERIOUS & VERY DANGEROUS TRAFFIC VIOLATION!!!! IT’S A MISDEMEANOR HERE IN NEW YORK STATE, A CRIME, AND I’M SURE THAT ALL OTHER STATES TREAT IT AS SUCH!!!! BUT THE STUPID NEWS MEDIA INSISTS ON CALLING “STREET RACING” “DRAG RACING”!!!!! THAT MEANS THAT THE IDIOTIC PRESS CANNOT OR WILL NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SPORT & A CRIMINAL OFFENSE!!!!!!
- THE_MAD_BOMBER, UPSTATE NEW YORK
this is what i like to call a “hard fav”
Oh sears you dont seem to understand jokes.
By the way, the polar vortex is a constant thing, it’s a center of circulating cold air over/near the North Pole (there’s one over the South Pole too). It in itself is not a weather event. This has been a cold front and an unstable jet stream (probably related to melting sea ice, and definitely related to unseasonably warm temperatures elsewhere in the Northern Hemisphere).
A stadium full of Christmas carols: An FC Union Berlin Tradition
Some go to church on Christmas Eve, but more than 20,000 FC Union Berlin fans pack their stadium, candles in hand, to sing “Oh Christmas Tree”. It was the 11th year in a row that supporters gathered for what has become a brilliantly unique Christmas tradition known as Weihnachtssingen, which is easy to celebrate given the club’s red and white colours.
It may be unconventional, but the city of Berlin celebrates an unconventional, hard-working group of athletes. FC Union Berlin was formed by iron workers more than a century ago, and during the Cold War it became a symbol of resistance against the East German government. Today, FC Union remain beloved by tens or thousands of Berliners.
Though I didn’t vote in Pazz and Jop, ballots are going around lately, which reminds me that I never got to my top 10 of 2013.
1. Paramore, Paramore
2. Bottomless Pit, Shade Perennial
3. Carcass, Surgical Steel
4. Tegan and Sara, Heartthrob
5. So So Glos, Blowout
6. Baptist Generals, Jackleg Devotional to the Heart
7. Weed, Deserve
8. Drake, Nothing was the Same
9. Kvelertak, Meir
10. Waxahatchee, Cerulean Salt
1. Bunji Garlin, “Differentology”
2. 2 Chainz ft. Pharrell, “Feds Watching”
3. Margaret Berger, “I Feed You My Love”
4. Paramore, “Still Into You”
5. Radkey, “Cat & Mouse”
6. Selena Gomez, "Come & Get It" (Go-go Remix)
7. Mariah Carey ft. Miguel, “#Beautiful”
8. Ciara, “Body Party”
9. Daft Punk, “Giorgio by Moroder”
10. Dismemberment Plan, “White Collar White Trash”
Was listening to Big Business and clicked on this to see what it was all about, have to say this is pretty nice, my new favorite Christmas song
Personally, I like to think that this is all a very subtle attempt at clowning people who’d knowingly move into one of those sub-Meridian condo/dorm things they saw in the Metro “Ready to Rent” guide in the first place.